29.5.06

I'm alive!
Coming from more than three days of what I can call mild malaria.
The nurse was fantastic, just said to me, "it will be like this for the next 6 months, you'll have a very bad first day and when you are just feeling fine, you come back, and everything will start again!"

What a Cheer Up! ( I know that will not be like she says)

(But) let's be positive. My working days of 14-18 hours are numbered. Yuppie!
Only my most urgent projects will have an attention! The others and many of routine tasks will gain new hands and legs to move far from me! Yuuuppiiii!
Travel? I think I can go as far as Scotland, but isn’t Glasgow a fantastic place to go?

Sakamoto Kyu to sheer up his fellow Japanese people after the Second world war came up with one of the most appealing and beautiful songs I ever heard:
“Sukiyaki (Ue wo muite arukou):
I look up when I walk
Ueo muite aruko
I look up when I walk
Namida ga koborenai yoni
So the tears won’t fall
Omaidasu Harunohi
Remembering those happy spring days
Hitoribochi no yoru
But tonight I’m all alone

Ueo muite aruko
I look up when I walk
Nijinda hoshio kazoete
Counting the stars with tearful eyes
....................................”
Japanese people still sing this song with closed lips to look for and find out new happiness

But better song than this one to sheer me up is difficult!

And what will happen in the morning when the world it gets
so crowded that you can't look out the window in the morning.

And what will happen in the evening in the forest with the weasel
with the teeth that bite so sharp when you're not looking in the evening.

And all the friends that you once knew are left behind they kept you safe
and so secure amongst the books and all the records of your lifetime.

What will happen
In the morning
When the world it gets so crowded that you can't look out the window
in the morning.

Hey, take a little while to grow your brother's hair
And now, take a little while to make your sister fair.
And now that the family
Is part of a chain
Take off your eyeshade
Start over again.

Now take a little while to find your way in here
Now take a little while to make your story clear.
Now that you're lifting
Your feet from the ground
Weigh up your anchor
And never look round.

Let's sing a song
For Hazey Jane
She's back again in my mind.
If songs were lines
In a conversation
The situation would be fine.

Hazey Jane II
Nick Drake
Bryter layter (1970)

2 comments:

paulo said...

Tu querias era sopa e cama, vadio! As melhoras e um abraço. Ouve o Courage do Milton Nascimento, é fixe quando se está dormente. "Vou Fazer meu Outubro de Homem".

banalidadesdebase said...

Sopinha como-a todos os dias!
Cama estou farto dela!
Vadio sempre!
Merci pelo Milton estou a ouvi-lo em versao da Flora Purim - gracas a ti! :)
nao oucas o Nick Drake! e fantasticamente deprimente, mas bonito como poucos!
(melhor ainda que Bryter Layter, e Pink Moon!)
Parece que estou a ficar mais bem disposto olhando toda esta scrittura sopra!

Um abraco!