13.3.06

Today I will tell about my readings.
I try to read as much as I can. Nowadays I'm practical. No romances anymore, no novels...I read and prepare presentations, afterwards. I read and comment the tasks my students send to me daily.
At the moment I'm reading "The state of Africa", the new book of a fantastic historian who writes on Africa and its recent history: Martin Meredith; other book I'm reading at the moment is "The discursive mind", easy to understand from Rom Harre and Grant Gillet; i'm reading a poem a day of Herberto Helder and I'm discovering Turkish poetry on the net (http://www.geocities.com/metincelal/engindex.htm) besides that I'm trying to catch my readings of Prospect, Newsweek and Fortune.

I have to do all this and teach, and do various other things,such talking to my students; i'm finding easier since I have started to sing a happy song every morning (prescription from an alternative practitionary), before breakfast; what a fantastic thing to do!

"hoje tambem li os teus olhos"

2 comments:

alice in wonderland said...

:)
So, here are my favorites: Edip Cansever, Cemal Sureya, Birhan Keskin, Orhan Veli, Nazim Hikmet, Turgut Uyar, Ozdemir Asaf, to name a few. Well, how pity there is only so few translations and the poems sound too much "poetry" in English. This gave me a good idea. Thx.

banalidadesdebase said...

Merci bien!

I will read from them; and if I like probably I can find better translation in French language.

It’s the problem of translations in poetry; I think you have to be a poet to translate, and that can destroy a poem.
I preferred always bilingual editions of poetry. I can read in a few languages and understand or enjoy my own way.That's it!

Anyway has been a gooood discovery!

Portuguese is also a difficult language to translate to English, at least; I know some crappie examples…

:)